Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I altered this from a little dollar flower at Joann's.  You can see the item I began with and my finished product on the first picture.  The rest are close ups of the project.  This was really a fun project that I made while on a long weekend at my brother's farm.  I love to sit on the dock and craft while the family plays in the lake, boats, or fishes.  I know I am spoiled because they will come and visit me with cold bottles of water and little snacks to tempt me into eating since I get so into my project I don't want to stop and come up for lunch.  The saying on the little tag is something my children like to say about their mom (they are just the best children ever) and they were tickled when we found it on a sentiment.  I don't remember where I purchased it though.

I decided to do both sides of the tag since I keep it on my desk at work.  I was going to give it to a friend but I just couldn't part with it once it was finished.  I used Vintage photo to stamp the sentiment and the flourishes.  The background border is from a MS punch.  The sparkly paper (yeah sparkles!) are from a pad I purchased at Walmart.

As you can see, I have used my beloved House Mouse stamps again.  Along with my favorite K&CO. Best of Pad - I like this pad so much I purchased two when they were on sale.  I distressed everything with vintage photo and broken china distress ink.  The sentiment is stamped in the broken china ink.  The little flowers are from an EK success punch (another addiction punches).  The bling was from a stash that my husband bought me at a scrapbook convention. 

I painted the original pink wooden flower with cream acrylic paint.  I then cut out 3 flowers from dp for each side and distressed them with Vintage photo and Broken China distress ink.  The little house mouse stamp in the center was colored with Prisma colored pencils and then I added glossy accents crackle and some gold stickles (love those stickles)  Before gluing the flowers onto the base, I distressed the entire flower with the vintage photo ink. I added a think strip of matching dp to the base on a ribbon to the spring.

I liked this project so well that I ran out to Joann's and purchased several more of the little flowers.  I know I am going to want to make more of these.

1 comment:

  1. How cute and I love that background paper. K&Co. is one of my favorites, too. What a cute idea and I love the saying. My daughter once belonged to a bowling team in high school and called they called themselves "Pobody's Nerfect".

    ReplyDelete