Blogger Layouts

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spring Butterfly

This card was made for brunch invitation for my sil.  I made about 30 of them.  They sure took a while but they came out looking rather elegant.  I don't think the picture does them justice. They really sparkle since I went way heavy on the tattered angels glimmer mist.

I created the background paper with Stamp Zia water color jewel sprays and then misted it with tattered angels pearl mist.  Everything was etched with a gold paint pen.  I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on it and
two different MS around the page punches.  The butterfly stamp was a MS also.  I gold embossed the butterfly on the same background paper and cut them out. The butterfly is double sided since the wings are bent up and you can see the bottom.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card, mary anne! Colors are just stunning! i'm sure it looks even better in person, as you also mentioned. I luv that butterfly stamp too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous I did not get an invitation! It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the background paper. I think I will spend the weekend trying to copy it with the things I have in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful. The background is sumptuous and the butterfly is to die for! Love everything about it.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweetie, it is so very awesome. It is just plain beautiful. I will have to work on getting some of those punches. but I love that card. Thank you for sharing it. hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite - and you used things I have never heard of. Now I will have to look them all up. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete