Blogger Layouts

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Barn Shingle Hanging

     This photo was taken at my brother's farm. He let's us hang out there whenever we want.  It is the most relaxing place in the world for me.  In fact, we even spent our honeymoon there.  He keeps the meadows like a park and there are woods with trees that are hundreds of years old as well as a small lake and a dock.  I spend most of my time on the dock stamping. My husband spends his time on the dock fishing.  My brother sets up a hammock on the dock for me.  I have my fou fou puppies to keep me company and my children wander by with cold drinks and snacks.  What's not to love.

    When I was at the farm last time, I made this little wall hanging for my brother as a thank you.  I used an Inkadinkadoo stamp that I colored in with distress inks.  I distressed the edges and then added crystal effects crackle over the entire thing.  I popped it up with scotch brand foam tape and and added some metal brads and a metal thanks brad from my stash.  I mounted the entire thing on a piece of shingle from the barn roof and used some baling twine from an old hay bale to hang it with.  The twine was attached with staples from Johnny Luv's new air stapler that he was using to create mortar racks for his fireworks.  (That's an entirely different post.)  I also distressed the already distressed shingle with some shabby shutters distress ink.  It looked like more moss. 

2 comments:

  1. Peaceful, lovely scene. The wall hanging fits the setting perfectly.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete