Blogger Layouts

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday Wreath

 

      I wanted to make something very feminine and this faux pergamano wreath certainly fit the bill.  I think that the stamp from Heartfelt Creations, Bold Daisy Circle,  worked perfectly for this effect. I stamped the wreath in Stampabilities white pigment ink and then embossed with SeaFoam embossing powder.  I then used the Heartfelt Creations Scrolly Happy Birthday sentiment for the center of the wreath.  I added the same sentiment to the corners because they just looked too bare and again embossed everything.  After that I colored the leaves and dots in the stamp with  sharpie marker and added pink Prisma roses and some adhesive rhinestones from my stash.
      I finished off by punching the Martha Stewart butterfly out 3 times and coloring it with pink dye ink from Stampin' Up.  I added glitz with a Sakura glitter pen and then glued the bodies of the butterflies together and used a glue dot to attach to the card front.
      The card front was layered to a piece of design paper called Peppermint Twist by Murdock Country Creations.  The paper looks like pink and green polished stone.  I attached it using sticky dots behind the rhinestones and roses.
      The last layer is Bazzil green card stock that I added dots to with a Signo white pen.

4 comments:

  1. That is certainly elegant. Love the beautiful roses and the corner stamping is lovely. White embossing always looks so pretty!!!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats just beautiful, as i do a lot of parchment i really appreciate it, its so delicate - and feminine - love the addition of the roses - stunning. Luv Jax

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! What a treasure for someone to receive.

    ReplyDelete