Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bombshell stamps tryout

As some of you know, I am wanting to become a member of the Bombshell Stamp design team.  So this is one of three projects I created for their design team member search.

The first item is the Mermaid Anchor Bombshell.  I colored the image on cardstock with Prisma pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  I add lots of glitter to her tail and fins with a Sakura clear star sparkle pen. (I love these and they get used a lot.)  Afterwards, I cut out the image and glued it with crystal effects to a piece of acetate I had sponged with blue Stazon. I had a wonderful bottle that I found half buried on my brother's farm and had been saving for a special project and this was the one.  I added some sand and shells to the bottom of the bottle then added the acetate with the mermaid.  (She unrolled perfectly in the bottle.)  After that I added a gold sand dollar charm that used to be a tie tack in another life.  I added a little fishnet over the top of the bottle and tied on some green fibers to mimic seaweed.  Finally, I corked the bottle added some ribbon around the top and a piece of shell I found on a beach in Florida several years ago.  I think this project really came out well.  Unfortunately,  I do not believe the pictures do it justice.  It is very 3 dimensional in real life.


Here is a close up of the mermaid

2 comments: