Blogger Layouts

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Daisy Anniversary

      This is a card I made as an invitation to my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The theme was yellow, daisies, and gingham.  We made table favors and topiaries to match.  I sent out 50 of these with matching envelopes.  It definitely took some time but was so worth it.


     I used yellow Bazzil cardstock dry embossed with Cuttlebug's Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  Layered with white cardstock using the MS pansy around the edge border punches and then a layer of Michael's checked design paper.  The corner brackets are Cuttlebug diecuts.  The Peddlar's Pack daisy stamp was colored using the gamsol magic technique and layered using oval and scalloped oval nestibilities.  Finally I added a few adhesive pearls to the corners.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, that is just amazingly gorgeous. I'm so impressed. Your parents and the party invitees are sure to be overwhelmed by these invitations and I hope they appreciate all the work involved. Obviously a labor of love.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful card!! I made 50 wedding invitations for my friend, back in '93, and that was a hard work, EVEN i ONLY heat embossed!!, well, back then, i did that using toaster oven, no heat gun! LOL! BUT doing all what you did on this card, and making 50 of them is just unbelievable!! I don't think there was a border punch available back then either. LOL! wow, 50th anniversary! How wonderful!! I wish my dad could've lived longer...oh, luv the color you chose for the 50th anniversary card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card! I love yellow and white and yellow gingham is my favorite. I am so jealous I won't be getting an invitation! Your parents and guests will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly beautiful and so pretty and clean - colors and design. What a beautiful job you did.

    ReplyDelete