Blogger Layouts

Sunday, August 29, 2010

House Mouse Postcards

     I am in a postcard swap on a House Mouse list.  We need to make two postcards each for this swap.  It took me a little bit to get used to the idea of leaving off all the embellishments and bling. Actually it was very difficult as I am apparently quite addicted to embellishing everything (including my puppies if they sit still long enough).  I finally managed to create two postcards and let the images be the focal point of the cards.  I used some older stamps that I have had a while and just finally inked up.

       I admit I have far too many stamps that have never seen ink. I was thinking about that and I figured out that I could Make a new House Mouse Card each week for over 2 years and not reach the end of my House Mouse stamps, especially as I am expecting a large order of stamps next week.  Sometimes I think, I should just say no more but than I get over that scary thought and go out and shop some more.

    OK, here are the postcards I made.  They have  only two layers, the image on white cardstock and a background mat so they we be sturdier for their trip through the US postal system.


Inks Stazon, and ice blue chalk
House Mouse Sunflower Smooch and Eatin' & Sleepin' in a Sunflower
Prisma colors and o/m
Glitter cardstock from Colorblock
White Signo Pen

4 comments:

  1. Too cute, Mary Anne. Did you chalk the cloudy blue background? Very pretty-great job.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them, especially the one spitting the sunflower seeds. Fabulous! WOW, that many stamps, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. Your clouds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards! I am sure the recipient and the mailman will love them! LOL Ooops, showing my age...letter carrier.

    ReplyDelete