Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More Bombshells

Now for my second bombshell project.  I used the Retro Cowgirl to create a lamp.  I had seen the lamp idea on Splitcoaststampers and had save the pattern for the shade for over a year.  When I tried it out I had to make my shade quite a bit bigger to fit my image.  I wanted the lamp shade to look like the shades from vintage western lamps.  I sponged vintage photo distress ink over the entire piece of vellum for the shade and then simply stamped the Retro Cowgirl in Archival Coffee Ink.  I pierced wholes around both edges and whipped stitched with 1/8" brown satin ribbon.  I wrapped the same ribbon around the the wineglass stem and added a couple of Jolee dimensional stickers for interest.  Simple but fun.





      My final bombshell project was a card.  I spent some time thinking about this one.  I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted int his card except that I wanted to use the Man's Ruin Bombshell.  I spent some time pouring over my paper collection and then decided on some of my favorite K&Co. paper.  It just went together from there.
      I like the way the bombshell's hair picks up the color in the paper.  Coloring the image took a little time as I am still working with skin tones.  The glass the bombshell is in is covered in 3 layers of embossing as is the glass in her hand.  I think the camera really picked up the sparkle in her dress but it did change the color of the bling on the left side of the card.  I couldn't seem to make that color adjustment with the camera no matter what I did.  The bling is actually almost the same color as the glitter on the words.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I think my Dad would have loved these. Never saw these images before. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful & interesting lamp!! :-)

    ReplyDelete