Blogger Layouts

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sailor's Delight

     Being a sailor's daughter.  I get a kick out of the bombshell stamps.  This one particularly reminds me of one of my dad's tatoos from back in the days when only sailors, soldiers and wildmen had tattoos. I found the design paper in our local scrapbook store and fell in love with it instantly.  I knew that it would go perfectly with the Bombshell mermaid.
     The colors of the paper of course led to the colors of the mermaid's fin.  Indigo, green, and blue which I covered over with glitter from a Sakura glue pen.  It really made it look more like fish scales to my mind.  I also like the way her makeup came out brash yet not over powering in the image.  I popped the mermaid up for more dimension on top of the anchor that I popped separtely.  I layered her ,on a nestie cut out and distressed what was orginally white cardstock with vintage photo ink then used shabby shutters and chipped saphfire.  I added green dew drops for bubbles.
    If you see a few of my cards, you will discover that I am addicted to layers and sparkle.  This card definitely has both, each layer outlined with green stickles.  I like this affect and will probably be repeating it.
     I couldn't find just the right embellishments for the circles on the side of the card until I remembered my (vast) stock of bottlecaps.  I punched a seahorse from the dp for each smashed cap and out lined them with more stickles.  The fibers are from my stash and I thought they rather looked like seaweed.
     The sentiment was created using Justrite stamps. I cut it out, added more dewdrops and popped that too.
      Wow - what a long post. It sure took a while to describe this card but it is pretty detailed.  I'm not even going to mention the inside. lol.


2 comments:

  1. Awfully cute, Mary Anne. That's one sexy mermaid. The sailors in my family would have loved her!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. The DP is perfect - do you remember the maker? All of the elements are perfect together - as is your technique, as ever. Absolutely wonderful. You can almost hear the siren's call..................

    ReplyDelete