Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Family Banner

Wow!  I have been gone quite a while.  My mom was very ill and nearly died from a bad blood transfusion but she is doing better now and so I'm back to crafting.

Here is a banner I made while I was at the farm this summer.  I keep it in my office at the church where I work.

Here are close ups of the different pennants.

Each pennant was decorated a little differently.  These were very time consuming to do.  I took weeks maybe months to gather all the bits and pieces.  The pictures do not really do them justice. The color is very difficult to get to come out true.  They have a vintage feel in real life.

Here is a picture of the joins. I used altered bottle caps and clothes pins in each corner to attach them to the organdy ribbon that they hang on.  I added ribbon scraps tied in knots in between for more decoration.  This is one of my favorite bits.
I used paper from my stash, paper lace from the dollar store, ms punches, bottle caps, ribbons from stash, chipboard letters, glitter, dollar store thickers that I altered, K & Co. thickers, nesties, cuttlebug embossing folders, buttons, prima flowers, rhinestones, and I don't know what else to make these.





4 comments:

  1. I luv the color combination you used for this pennant!! It does look it took lots of your time to make. Great pennant! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better, and you are back to crafting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Every detail is wonderful and the colors are truly delicious. I'm sure this inspires you every time you look at it. It's very special.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I may have to make one for my office at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your mother was ill. I'm glad she's doing better now.

    That's a wonderful banner. I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete