Blogger Layouts

Friday, January 28, 2011

Bed of Lilacs

Here is a card made with an image sent by a friend.  Of course, it's House Mouse.  Can you tell I really like the little mousies?  I love lilacs, the color, the fragrance, the tiny little blossoms, the welcome sign of spring .I am jealous of the little mouse sleeping on a bed of lilacs.  Doesn't it look soft? I colored this image while my mom was in the hospital and couldn't wait to get home and make a card of it.
The little butterfly matched so well.  I found it in my stash and its pearlescent wings seemed to beg to be included on the card.  I couldn't say no.  This is another of my preferred square cards.  For some reason, I find it easier to work on a square backing.

House Mouse Stamp
Recollections bling
Martha Stewart border punch
Stazon ink
Peeled Paint, Lavender, and  Linen distress ink
Prisma color pencils and oms
satin ribbon
K&Co. design paper
Nestabilities Large circles and Large scallops
Colorbok glitter paper

3 comments:

  1. How lovely, Mary Anne. I love lilacs, too, and I can almost smell their wonderful fragrance. You've colored them so beautifully they look real!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun! I can almost smell the lilacs! Love that pretty border you added as well!

    ReplyDelete