Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hiding out with the Hen

This is a farm themed card I made for my SIL who is very fond of chickens.  My SIL  raises them and even built an incredible coop for them using straw bales and a tin roof.  She is a truly amazing woman and if it comes to running a farm or returning to natural ways of doing things, she is beyond capable. I have tried to color the little hen in this image to match her hens which are all black with red combs.  These images were stamped for me by a friend just for her.  I used some some of my fav K&Co. Portabello Road paper to go with it. I just love the country feel they gave this card.  It was fun popping the wee mousies up and hiding them in the crinkly paper nest. 
I made the little tag to say eggs/s$1 dz. but is hard to read in the photo I covered it in crackle accents.  In person it looks pretty spiffy although it did not photograph well.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely awesome. Wow, I am in awe. Will you adopt me LOL hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute! Love your sleepy little mousies in the straw! They are adorable.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv this image! Luv how you colored it! Luv the background papers you used for this card! :-)Luv the crackled tag too :-) I'm sure your SIL will luv it! :-)

    ReplyDelete