Blogger Layouts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Juggling Leaves

I colored this image while I was in the hospital with my mom.  One of my mom's friends was fascinated with the entire idea of stamping, coloring and card making.  Since she watched me color this image I turned it into a card for her.

The design paper choice was totally accidental.  I just happened to lay the image on top of a piece of scrap paper on my desk and loved the combination.

I am kind of odd in that I want my images to go out in the season they are related too.  I know that there is no reason I cannot send a flower image in Dec., but there you have it.  It was hard to send autumn leaves in Jan. by I did it!

This card is a little different for me.  I don't usually make long slim cards. But it just seemed to work for this image.

K&Co. Portabello Road Paper
Colorbok Cardstock
scrap copper cardstock
Recollections bling
organdy ribbon
nestabilities
cuttlebug embossing folder
Stazon ink
Prisma pencils with oms
scotch foam tape

4 comments:

  1. He's just darling. Like the way you framed him with the ribbons.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, everything fell in place, i can see!Very pretty card! That's true, you can make any kind of cards any time of the year. When i was in Guam, i was always making Summer/beach cards! LOL! even during COOOLD WINTER in this side of US & mailed them here! LOL! I luv this image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card...it is nice to stamp and stretch out of your comfort zone. I usually surprise myself! I love this image and ran out of "fall" to send it too LOL! But you have given me some idea's! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete