Blogger Layouts

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Koi Pond

I love koi.  I enjoy watching them at the botanical gardens here in St. Louis. I had some smaller ones in a bowl at work.  Someday I will have a koi pond here at home.  I have a some beautiful artwork of Koi in my home.  Johnny Luv's other name is Koibito, which is my forever love.  I was absolutely blown away by this stamp from Peddlar's Pack.  It was great fun to color and it was perfect for my daughter who loves all things Japanese.
I used Prisma Pencils and oms to color this card.  I think there are 6 colors in the water alone.  I am very pleased with the color shading on the koi. I used my fav white Signo pen to add high lights and a Sakura glitter pen to add some "fishy" sparkle.  The design paper is Kodomo, who btw also has a great koi stamp that is on my wish list.  Not too much fuss on this card.  The image is the focus on this one which is unusual for me. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Luv this card. Luv how you colored it very much! Peddler's pack's stamps is always as great as the way it is. KOIBITO.. meaning LOVER and I haven't heard this word for ages! Thanks for reminding me! lol! I didn't know you luv KOI. Ok, i'll try to remember that for your next card ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! You are correct. It stands alone, and needs no further embellishment (as hard as that is for either of us)! I too, love to watch the koi at Longwood Gardens, now a botanical garden, once a DuPont estate.

    ReplyDelete