Blogger Layouts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Patriotic Valentine

I wanted a special valentine for my Johnny Luv this year.  Something that reflects his personality and that would be something to remind him of me every time he saw it (not that he needs reminding, my sweetie keeps me in flowers, showers me with thoughtful gifts and calls me just to tell me he loves me).  Johnny Luv received a cowboy hat from my father when he was voted into the leather workers guild.  The guild has a dress code of cowboy hats and boots.  Since my dad is one of the last of the old time cowboys and Johnny Luv truly loves and respects him the gift of the hat means quite a bit.  Back to valentine,  Johnny is always loosing his hat in the house since it doesn't have a designated home soooooo I created a place for him to hang his hat.  Johnny Luv is also very, very patriotic so I used red, white and blue to create his valentine.  Needless to say, he was thrilled.

The valentine was a coat/hat hook I found at Hobby Lobby.  It was an ugly gray striped square of wood, but it did have a lovely navy blue hook.  I covered the base in dp and embellishments and added a nestabilities heart die cut.  Everything was antiqued with distress ink.  I added a series of hearts, again from the nestabilities heart dies, and stamped them to match the hook.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful! It sounds like you got one of the good ones. I hope the card made him happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Mary Anne this is so awesome. It is really awesome. I love it, good job. Thank you for sharing. You are one creative Sweetie. Hugs Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this is soo nice, esp. for your dh! Luv Patriotic designs, with hearts! :-)

    ReplyDelete