Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 25, 2011

Seeing Red

This card was made for Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge #64; Seeing Red.  I just love the image "Small Talk"  It reminds me of my sister Theresa when she was young.  She used to drag a teddy bear with her everywhere.  I even colored the image to look like her and her bear who was of course named Ted.

Using red was not a problem for me.  It is my favorite color. It is my mother's favorite also and she used to dress me in red all the time when I was young and Theresa, of course, received all my red hand-me-downs.  When mother bought for Theresa it was usually light blue to go with her eyes.

I really wanted a sort of girly, old fashioned homespun kind of look for this card so I added punched lace using Martha Stewart border punches and cream instead of white.  This card was paper pieced using red check another of my mom's favorites.  I really like the way it came out.  I only recently began paper piecing cards and I think the effect when it matches another part of the card is very cute.

Stamp - Kratin Kimmie - Small Talk
Design Paper - K&Co.
Prisma pencils and oms
Martha Stewart border punches & Butterfly punch
Offray Ribbon
Button from stash
Ink Stazon black distress fired brick, chalk French blue

2 comments:

  1. She's a darling! Your edge designs are all gorgeous. Really make the card stand out.
    Sue S>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love them both, they are awesome. I would pick you :) hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete