Blogger Layouts

Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday Bird

     I was waiting until my SIL received her card before I posted this card.  She is a very special lady with very elegant tastes. She has been a real blessing to me since the day I met her.  I cannot say enough good things about her and am grateful to be included in her family.  I wanted something special for her and this was my first go at shabby chic.

      I used Stamp Zia watercolor sprays along with tattered angel pearl spray to create the background papers for this card. I used another stamp that I have had for years of script to emboss the background paper in gold. The main image is a stamp I have had for years that had never seen ink.  The ribbon was a great find from Sam's Club after Xmas - a giant roll for only $2  The gold paper was also another great Sam's Club find. I find that gold wrapping paper is much less expensive than purchasing gold paper from a scrapbook store and now I have enough for years and years.  (I love a bargain and my children all know my rule "Never pay fullprice". lol)
    I did a collage on the inside but unfortunately that picture didn't come out at all.  I like it as much as the outside.   This card was very difficult to photograph with all the sparkle.  If anyone has any hints for taking pictures of this type of card please share them.

3 comments:

  1. Very elegant. Love the ribbon and of course anything pink is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , I love it, yes, the ribbon is a defining touch. Great job and I know she loved it Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with gorgeous colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete