Blogger Layouts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Goldfish Mermaid

This is one of my favorite mermaid stamps it reminds me of my dad's tattoos.  He's a retired Sailor so he has a few interesting ones.  I colored this one to look a bit like a goldfish.  I love koi - hmmm maybe I'm going to have to try a koi mermaid next.  (BTW don't forget to feed my fish)

I did this card for a few blog challenges as well as a challenge we are having on the Bombshell Stamps design team.  I had bought the paper for this card sometime last summer with this stamp in mind.  I like the idea of an ocean theme that is NOT blue, green or purple.

Part of the challenge for this card was to make our own embellishments.  I punched to circles from the design paper and added acrylic pebble stickers over them.   The fiber was something in my stash that I have been using for seaweed.  Wish I had more but this was the end of it.  I used a bit of Xmas foilage for the sparkly seaweed behind the mermaid.  Next year I'm definitely going to have to hit the Xmas clearance for more and different colors.

Bombshell stamps - Mermaid Anchor Set
Memento Ink
Copic Markers
Prisma Pencils and oms
acrylic page pebbles from dollar store
fiber from stash
Sakura glitter pen
design paper - Creative Imaginations

1 comment:

  1. Great job. These so remind me of my Dad's bar glasses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete