Blogger Layouts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Howdy

 
     Don't you just love this cowgirl.  I think she is just great.  I am fascinated with the old time cowgirls and she is just the epitome of the era.  I love her big hat and big scarf.  The scarf just screams, " piece me"; so, of course, I did.  This card was made for a color challenge last month on Bombshell Stamps.  The colors were red, craft and turquoise.  I just happened to find the red and craft background paper in the wrapping paper section of my local dollar store. The turquoise was just too, too bright until I toned it down a little with some distress ink.  I was able to use my brand new Cherry Lynn die cut heart set that Johnny Luv gave me for Valentine's Day.  It arrived the day I sat down to make the card.  Again I did the faux stitching around the edges of the card.  It just seemed to need "something".  Since I had missed valentine but still wanted to send this out I went with the Howdy greeting so that it was more generic.
      I really don't like leaving the inside of my cards bare so just a little dp to add some color and some accent stamps from the same Bombshell stamp set.

Bombshell Stamps - Western Gal
Bazzil cardstock
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Cherry Lynn die cuts
Martha Stewart punch
Wrapping paper
Prisma pencils and oms
Copics
Memento Ink
Conchos - Tandy Leather
gel pen

1 comment: