Blogger Layouts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm an app

I recently did a card for a new ipad, itouch, iphone app.  It was/is very exciting.  The app is for card sketches.  Needless to say my techie children are very imnpressed.  One of them will have to help me download the app to Johnny Luvs iphone.

Here is the info:


 The full version ($4.99 for 104 sketches plus the 12 free ones):  http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sketches-4-cards/id417036374?mt=8#

And here is the card:

 I used a new bombshell stamp on this and just absolutely adore it.  I love old fashioned cowgirls and this one is so much fun to color or paper piece.  I have to tell you the colorful border stripe drove me crazy.  I wanted just the right color and couldn't find a paper I liked.  Then I happened to glance at the cover of the K&Co. pad I was using, Bingo!  The line of samples along the side of the cover was just what I wanted I trimmed it to size and I think it added just the right splash of color.  

This was the first card I have ever paper pieced.  I think I have a new addiction.  I pieced the cowgirl's scarf, the edge of her hat and the word heart in the sentiment.  All the sewing is really faux.  I do not have room to keep my sewing machine out and it is too much trouble to set it up for just one card.  I find that punching and than adding either a signo white pen or colored gel works really well.

Stamps - Bombshell Western Gal set
Ink Stazon
copics and prisma pencils
K&Co. paper
gel pen
dollar store paper lace
heart brads - making memories

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary Anne. How exciting! Now that you're famous will you still remember us little people?
    Congratulations, and please say Hi to Steve Jobs for me. Hope he feels better soon :)
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is absolutely fabulous. I love it, what a work of art. It is grat, wow, now your up in the world and we are just little mousies. Love ya,
    Hugs Cathy k

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. And how exciting to be an app! Not exactly sure what that is, but man, it;s imoressive! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea when it comes to "app"!! LOL, great that you have techy children! :-) I can't believe those stitches are faux! Great Job!!! I luv the image too, and how you colored her cheek! woohoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have a free cell phone but don't think it takes "apps" but Bravo to you for creating one.

    ReplyDelete