Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm a Bombshell

Happy, happy, happy dancing here at my house.  I am an official Bombshell.  I made the Bombshell Stamps Design Team.  You probably know that this is one of my fav stamp companies. I think their stamp designs are so fun and very different from what most companies offer.

Right now Bombshell Stamps is holding a design team challenge to create something showing your inner bombshell.  Well, I chose to use their Retro Cowgirl  stamp set since I used to be a barrel racer when I was younger and grew up with one of the last true cowboys as my dad.

I used a new technique to create a leather look for my card.  I think it came out pretty well.  What do you think?
I used a sizzix embossing folder for the design and distress inks to create the look.  I punched holes around the edges and whip stitched the entire thing with 1/8" satin ribbon.  I used leftovers from the card to top the two tags which were stamped and then distressed.  I added faux stitching to the tags and used gel pens to add the stitches.

Stamps - bombshell  Retro Cowgirl
Design paper - paper pizzaz
Offray ribbon
distress inks
prisma pencils and oms
copics
sizzix embossing folder
sakura glitter pen
Tandy concho
charms from stash
gel pens
signo pen

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mary Anne!! You deserve it if you can make this kind of card! Luv the faux leather look, and again, lots of handstitches! :-) by the way, you need to add DT member blinkie instead of Ms. November on your side bar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME, Mary! This is such a wonderful project!!!! Beautifully done!

    P.S. I LOVE your profile- knight in motorcycle leather- MY kinda guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Doing the happy dance with you! Congratz on the DT ;D

    This project, by the way, is too dang fabulous for words! That really does looks like tooled leather and the handstitching is pure genius. So freaking awesome!

    Hugz,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete