Blogger Layouts

Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Spring

I know it's spring because the crocus are blooming in my yard and at the Missouri Botanical Garden.  My mother, oldest daughter and I all went on a special outing to see them.  There was a field of about an acre with crocus popping up all over.  It was stunning.  My mom remembers it from when she was a little girl and wanted to share it with us.  It is a day I will never forget.  I kick myself for forgetting my camera.

My mother is an angel on earth and has taught me to stop and to see the beauty in all the free gifts from God; the colors of a sunset, the scent of honeysuckle, the sound of a child's laugh.  I almost lost my mother to cancer a few months ago, but God gave me another gift.  The miracle of her life.  She is weak but with us in mind, body, and spirit.

To thank my mom for sharing this wonderful gift from God, I made her a card and bookmark from some crocus paper I have had in my stash for so many years I can't even remember when I purchased it.




I love this quote it so exemplifies my mother.  She sees everything as a miracle.  I wish I could remember who makes it but alas no clue.

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I am so glad you still have your Mom. Mine has been gone for 23 years and I miss her as if it were yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...I am sure your Mother will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful card. I love it and I know she will too. Great job Hugs CAthy K

    ReplyDelete