Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Paint Challenge

      This month the guest designer, Anita Marie Bownds, issued a challenge for everyone to create something using paint; any type of paint.  Well,  I was something of an over achiever and used both acrylic paint and watercolor paint.  I went for a weathered paint look on this tag by painting it with craft blue than dry brushing over that with cream.  I stamped my background image using Adirondack dye ink and distressing it with the same ink.  I stamped my bombshell image on another tag then cut her out and watercolored her before adding wings and popping her onto the tag.  I was able to use a new butterfly die cut from Cheery Lynn that Johnny Luv gave me for Valentine day.  (Can I just say, this is the kewlest die ever?)   


     I wasn't sure what I was going to do when this challenge was issued.  I don't usually do too much with paints.  Well I watercolor some, but I didn't think of water colors right away.  I'm thinking, I did ok by this challenge.  You should really stop by the Bombshell blog and check out some of the challenge creations, they are awesome.


Stamps Bombshell Angel Set
Cheery Lynn Asian Butterfly die cut
Adirondack ink
Dollar bin bling
Corners from Stash
Ribbon Graphic 45
Flower from dollar bin

No comments:

Post a Comment