Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tye Dyed Skulls

Talk about reliving my youth, doesn't this just remind you of the Grateful Dead?  OK I wasn't much of a dead head when I was young but my cousin sure did and if cousin listened I was forced too also.  Well forced may be a bit much...

I really enjoyed playing with this card.  I love bright colors and I can't get too much brighter.  I sponged the background and then used the Joseph's coat technique for the black background paper.  I added Stickles rock candy to the Bombshell Skull with Rose for a sugar skull effect.  This card will definitely be used for Day of the Dead, which happens to be one of my favorite holidays.

Bombshell Stamps - Man's Ruin set
Stickles
Adirondack Ink
Stazon Ink
Nestabilities Circle and Scalloped Circle
3M foam tape

1 comment:

  1. How delightfully ghoulish!!! Fantastic colors.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete