Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 29, 2011

Americana Bike

  This card was made from a Woodware USA sketch.  I thought it would be just right to compliment this bike image and I used my Johnny Luv's favorite red, white and blue.  The bike was colored with Prisma pencils and OMS after laying down the navy blue on the fuel tank and fenders blue crystal lacquer was laid down on top.  It really brought a new bike shine to the image.  In this picture, you cannot see all the glitter that is on the chrome.  I used a Sakura glitter pen and it truly sparkles like chrome ought to shine. My clearance papers were used again for all the background papers so another economical card for me.  That probably brings my card costs down to something like $500 per card counting everything invested in this hobby.

Bombshell Stamps - Harley Bike set
Basic Grey and DCVW design paper
Crystal lacquer
Prisma pencils and OSM
Quickutz embossing foler
Sakura Glitter Pen

11 comments:

  1. wow, what a wonderful card to your DH!! I bet he will luv it!! I luv everything about this card. I wish i could see all glitters and i'm sure it looks even BETTER1! :-) Luv those Clearnace papers, mary anne! lol! Great findings! papers are expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mary! That bikes really pops out! Superb!
    I have the same problem with the glitter/glaze,it is not so visible on the picture.Your card looks in the real probably even better then on the picture,just like my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! My brother would love a card like this..he's too old now to ride...but he loved them in his day. Fabulous colouring.

    Thanks for sharing on 'Make it Monday'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic image for a male card. Love the papers you have teamed it up with too. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week we hope to see you again soon. HUgs Bron :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think is a perfect male card.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card.
    Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that BIKE....Such a great masculine card!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab image and a wonderful card that would send many a Dad into day dreams, thanks for sharing with us all here at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    Fabulous masculine card!

    The image looks amazing with the added shine.

    Lol, I reckon my cards probably cost about the same with all things considered!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great masculine card! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a fabulous wedding present for royal couple :0) Thanks for playing along with DCM this week.

    Zuzana x x

    ReplyDelete