Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Friend Twin Sister's Birthday

     My baby sister, who is now my twin sister, (life is interesting like that around here) had a birthday on Tuesday.  She cherishes anything I make for her so I wanted to make something special.  This is my first "collage" card.  I think it came out really pretty.  I have had this stamp in my stash for a year or two and always wanted to color it and finally did.  I just love it.  It reminds me of vintage art.  After creating the card I realized it didn't fit ANY of my envelopes.  It was 1/8" to big- grrrrr!   I finally went to my trustee wall paper books and used some pretty Laura Ashley Paper to make a little package envelope that fit perfectly.  The scraps led to a totally different card which I will be finishing up soon and posting.
Image - Clearly I Stamp
Ink Stazon Black and Distress Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo
Offray Ribbon
Colorbok Glitter paper
Reminisce and October Afternoon design paper
Buttons, butterfly, pin,  from stash
Rhinestones - Love 2 Scrap
Prisma pencils and OMS
Pop dots

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for joining us at Shelly's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Collage isn't my forte either.. Laura Ashley.. I used to wear her clothe between 26~28? years old... Since then, i haven't really heard or noticed her name, til NOW! lol :-) I wonder where i can find her papers around here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. The sheet music is the perfect addition. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete