Blogger Layouts

Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Bombshell


I just love making tri-shutter cards.  It doesn't matter what your skill level is or how simple you make them.  Tri-shutter cards always come out looking awesome.

I made this one for a friend of mine in college.  She is a real live bombshell and as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.  Pink is one of her colors so I used an awful lot of it.  I think this is the pinkest card I have ever made.  Pink is one of my least favorite colors but for some reason I have a major box full of pink "stuff" and I'm always buying more.  Maybe I like pink more than I think?

This card used loads of different pink rhinestones and glitter on this card.  The stamp image is the Bombshell Angel stamp and I paper pieced a part of the background paper as her swimsuit.  I had the darnedest time trying to come up with the right pattern on her swimsuit till I tilted the paper.  I was really pleased with the result.  The Sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set.  I don't remember what set as I have disassembled it and sorted the stamps into different categories.

Bombshell Stamps - Bombshell Angel Set
Paper- Making Memories
Memento Ink
Copic Markers
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Recollections Bling
Prima Flowers
Offray Ribbon
Stickles
Sakura Glitter Pen
Martha Stewart Punch
Dollar Store Paper Lace
Dollar Store Metallic Marker

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Mary, this is FABULOUS!!!! I've never tried to make a tri-shutter card, yet. I just want to know WHEN you find the time to stamp so much!!! I can't seem to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay up waaaaay to late. I'm usually running all over town during the week taking care of my mom and kids and Johnny Luv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for popping in to say Hello! I have to say your friend will absolutley LOVE this wonderful creation! So many fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a real winner. Love it.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, lots of embellishments, and looks gorgeous! And "the girl" looks just like me! (Bwahahaha!;-)I totally agree with you, Mary Ann, luv the tri-shutter card! Only the thing i have to THINK a bit hard for this type of card to look good is the combination of nice papers. At least, to me, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I have not tried any of these yet but someday..........
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete