Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Weekend

This weekend was my wonderful daughters birthday.  She turned 20 - ugh, after promising to be 4 forever. You just can't trust some children.

 My beautiful Violet is going to college for Equine Studies and Management.  I cannot begin to tell how proud I am of this child.  We went to see her and totally surprised her with her gift.  Johnny Luv finished his first saddle.  He has been working on it for over a year just for her and boy was she happy to get it.

I of course made her a card.  Doesn't seem like much after what Johnny Luv made, but oh well.  Violet was expecting a card and would have been disappointed if I hadn't made one for her.  She fusses that since I'm a card maker, her mailbox should always be full - yeah right!

This card was special.  When I first saw this stamp I knew I had to have it for this child.  When she was two, I made her a little chocolate cake of her own.  In the process of happily demolishing it, she remarked "Dirt" and so here is her very own "dirt cake".

Stamp - Impression Obsession
Prisma pencils and oms
Ribbon and Butterfly from stash
Desgin Paper - American Crafts
Bazzil card stock
Sakura glitter pen
Foam Tape

4 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, the saddle is beautiful. Your JL is a fantastic craftsman/artist. I'd love to have that and I don't even have a horse :) and of course, the card is lovely. I'm sure your wonderful daughter is enjoying them both. Good luck to her in her studies.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the saddle is beautiful!! and of course, your card... lol, funny and sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this "dirt" cake looks scrumptious...lol! She must have been elated to have received such a fab birthday card ;D The colors are wonderful and just seem to give off a celebration vibe.

    That saddle is amazing! How wonderful to have 2 extremely talented parents! What a lucky girl ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise of the saddle. But your card is so special. What a cute image.

    ReplyDelete