Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 8, 2011

Butterfly Wedding

Can you believe this is a Bombshell Stamp card?  I know it doesn't look like one, but yes, it most definitely is.  I just wanted folks to know how versatile the stamp sets are.  Over at Bombshell Stamps the April Challenge is a wedding themed card.

I love white on white cards and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try one.  I obviously used several different Cuttlebug embossing folders.  (The dotted swiss has to be my all time favorite  embossing folder.)  I also added a lace edge using a Martha Stewart Border punch.  I used one of her Valentine punches since I thought the little heart motif was just right for a wedding.  The butterflies were stamped and embossed three different times; once on vellum and twice on card stock.  I cut them all out and used glue dots to put them together into two butterflies.  I also added diamond dust to the butterfly wings on the top vellum layer, afterall, I am the Sparkly Engineer and must have my sparkle somewhere.

I love pearls and what would a wedding be without them so I added a few as embellishments.  The satin bow and satin rose complimented each other in my mind and I think the tiny bit of green from the rose leaves and the sentiment make the rest of the white really pop.

GP cardstock
Nestability Circles and Scalloped Circles
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Fun2Scrap Pearls
Offray Ribbon
Shabby Shutters Distress Ink
Bombshell Stamps - Butterfly Queen Set
Pop Dots
Offray Ribbon
Detail Accessories Roses

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the white on white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Thanks for taking part in All about the Roses at NettieG's Digital Gems

    Chris
    Lead Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesomely beautiful. It is wonderful, wow, great job. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Mary ann, Just BEAUTIFUL!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing card. Love it.
    The detail is wonderful.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Love all the white on white.. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, I love white on white and this is fabulous!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete