Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chic Chick


OK, so the title may be a bad pun, but I just couldn't resist.  When I saw this stamp at my live stamping store, I just had to have it.  I just thought it so sweet.  I will be using the image for a sil who raises chickens too.

I have had this Karen Foster paper in my stash since last year. I purchased just after Easter, and now I am wishing I had purchased more.  It is simply beautiful and gives just the shabby chic look I wanted.  I was able to use several new products on this card that my Johnny Luv purchased for me at a recent scrapbooking convention.  Let me tell you, he checks this blog everyday to see what's up and he loves it when I use something he bought for me (Hi Sweetie).  I used a new PK Glitter transparent embossing powder on the eggs and love the result.  you can see some of the color below the powder and they have just the right amount of glitter.  I think that the shapeability butterflies are elegant and fun and I plan to use them quite often.  When I was designing this card I knew when I purchased the stamp that I was going to cut it out with the egg nestability.  I just wasn't sure which direction I was going in until I went through my papers.

I made a series of these cards, each one is just a little different, for family this Easter.  I am amazing myself this year.  I am actually getting holiday cards out to my entire family almost every holiday.  Just in the immediate family that is 13 cards per event not counting birthdays.  I will be adding a few more Easter cards in the next few days.  The next two will be very different from the first two so stay tuned, same bat channel, same bat time....

Northwood Stamp
Karen Foster Paper
Baby Blue Stickles
Whimisie Button
Ribbon Offray
Rick Rack - stash
Dollar Store Paper Lace
Butterfly Shapeability
Egg Nestability
Fadded Jeans, Rose, Old paper Distress Ink
Copic Marker
Prisma Pencil & OMS
PK Glitz transparent embossing powder
Happy2Scrap bling
Foam Tape

27 comments:

  1. What a fab image this is and a perfect card for our "Spring Fling" on The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, I was immediately in love with that paper! And that is a super cute image as well! Love that you used the egg die to cut it out! :)

    Thanks for playing with Use it Tuesday again, you triple threat! Your ribbon stash must be as bad or worse than mine!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable, I love your cards. You have great layouts and ideas. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Lovely to see your work at Card Cupids, thanks!!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw so cute, thanks for joining us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh. This is too, too cute!. Lace and butterflies and fluffy baby chicks. Perfect combo!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute, thanks for playing along with Creative Belli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at GAB Challenges.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is just so elegant and lovely.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    Use it Tuesday Co-Owner
    SP and Company

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute ,love the butterflies! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. Love the image. Thanks for joining usta Fairy knolls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute image you found! luv these lace borders, and the main image on the egg shaped cs! wow, 13 cards for each occassions!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous, thanks so much for playing with Bugaboo! JOY DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. These stamps are so beautiful. I bought so many of them this Easter. Love how you colored, and the papers are so pretty too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing with us Stamp-n-Doodle:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Perfect for Easter - Wishing you a happy easter. Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable card...the little chicks are just tooo cute!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's a perfectly suitable pun....but then I'm a sucker for a pun. Fabulous chicks and the sparkle is brilliant! Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Easter Eggstravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that image and this is such a pretty card!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a gorgeous card.
    Fabulous colours and details.
    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely fabulous card, the image is so sweet and coloured beautifully.! Thanks for playing along with us at the Creatalicious challenges.
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh these are just so cute,love those wee chicks,bless you for playing at creatalicious,love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete