Blogger Layouts

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Great Enabler

      This is my Johnny Luv and all my "loot" after going to a scrapbook convention.  Johnny Luv is the great enabler.  I saw some cat eye inks, he says, "Get one of each color." I look at Spellbinder dies - he chooses six he thinks I'll like.  I see  Stickles, he says "Buy them".  He says, "Look Wiffeeeee, bling, don't you need some?"
He finds charms, you could use this one and this one to go with this stamp and that stamp.  He buys them.  The only man at the scrapbook convention who is not selling something is Johnny Luv.  He confesses that this year he knew where we were going.  He told people the first year that he thought we were going to a knife and gun show and all the ladies laughed at him, one lady without missing a beat told him the knives were at the other end of the hall.  Last year he told them that I said we were going to a bike show where they would have free beer and bikini babes.  He has a ball at these things and I come home loaded down with treasure that I would not have bought if I went myself.

     Now the flip side of this arrangement is that tonight we are going to a firework shoot.  This is an event put on by a firework distributor where they demo their new products.  It will be my turn to say,  "Johnny Luv, I think you need that" or "Johnny Luv" that would look great in one of your displays.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful man you have. You sound like you are so much in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at him, he looks Proud & Happy in front of those goodies he bought for you, mary anne! It will be the matter of time he chages his hobby from motorbike to Stamping, and he will be welcomed to our mice group!:-) I'm happy for you mary anne, for Happily Ever After! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one. Which website carries them in stock, and is shipping free? Please respond ASAP :)
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one lucky woman, but I think you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gracious, wow, what a guy, you have a winner. wow, you better hide that man from the stamping world. LOL Everybody will want him. LOL hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one that does this also. I always ended up spending way more that I would have by myself, but isn't it fun to have hubbies that like to enable and support our crafty addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Lucky YOU!!! I can't get my DH anywhere NEAR a scrapbook and stamp show, yet I'll go to bike shows with HIM!! He just says "You have the credit card...buy what you want"...and I do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooohooo! Doesn't your Johnny Luv have a single brother.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a great way to be enabled!! Looks and sounds like you got a lot of cool stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MA - U don't know me but I know Cheryl and Kirk and it's obvious that before the next show, you either a) need to put the two leaves in this table or b) get a bigger table to accomodate all the extra loot to cover the table...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary Ann, U R the most generous person that I know. Now for all your giving you've been blessed, I am so glad to see it all returned to you a hundredfold. I know you and Johnny Luv
    are the most generous and my family has been blessed by you many times. I appreciate all you do for all of us. You're both truly God's very
    best. Thanks for always sharing.
    Hugs, Valda

    ReplyDelete