Blogger Layouts

Monday, April 25, 2011

Simply Scrapping Blog Hop




Here's a mother's day card I made for the Simply Scrapping Blog Hop.  It was made get this - using $1 store paper.  Yep, I purchased a package of paper from the $1 store that was covered in butterflies.  Now I wish I had purchased more.

All the layers in this card were edged with a gold paint pen.  The heart die cuts were from a gift my Johnny Luv gave to me for Valentine's day.  I added an entire treasure drove a pearls to this card since my mom loves pearls.    The butterfly was actually stamped and embossed three times; twice on card stock and once on vellum. I added glitter to the vellum wings.

Of course, I can't let a card go without doing something to the inside so to this one I added more the the dp from the same package and butterflies from two different punches as well as more pearls.

If you would like to hop along with us here is the link to the rest of the hop  Simply Scrapping Blog Hop  The theme of the hop is Spring or whatever season your in.  Check out the links to other blogs there are some great cards on this hop.

$1 store design paper
gold paint pen
happy 2 scrap pearls
cheery lane hearts diecut
Bombshell stamps - butterfly queen 
Anna Griffin sentiment

22 comments:

  1. Oh My, this is one beauty! You did an excellent job, and the inside of the card is so pretty! LOVE it!
    Thanks for sharing and joining in the Blog Hop Fun!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, Your card is simply elegant. I love all the pearls you added and think your mother is going to love your card too. Hope you are having a fun time with the hop and I look forward to seeing you on SS.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    PS, I like dollar store paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have carried the design thru to the inside
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Mary Anne. Love the pearls and the gold butterfly - and the inside is just as lovely as the front.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made a beautiful Mother's Day card!
    ~Yvonne
    OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Girl, that is an awesome card. You have outdone yourself. It is beautiful. Good to see you here. Wonderful job. hugs Cathy (Mercieschild)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! What an absolutely fantastic card! This is beautiful and elegant and I love that you designed something on the inside too! Thank you for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. Anything with blue and butterflies, I will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! And I love those butterflies... guess I'll have to check out our dollar store too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really beautiful card - love the butterflies and lace! It has a shabby chic feel - love it! Happy Blog Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary Anne,
    Your Mothers' Day card is so gorgeous. TFS.
    Hugs--Tenny
    http://createwithtenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegent - love the pearls!
    Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You gave me an idea--maybe I can use mine for Mother's Day also! Nice card with beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful. And I LOVE that you designed the inside, too. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

    And yes, I have found some great supplies at places like dollar stores, Big Lots, TJ Maxx, etc. It always pays to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely elegant CardThe Pearls just divine. Well done Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the look of the ferns and butterflies, well done. Your wedding looks so great, what a pretty bride! Hopping along... Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW...your mother will truly be blessed this Mother's Day with your card. You put a lot of work into this card and it shows!! This is just too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, inside and out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my... I cannot take my eyes of your card, nearly forgot to post a comment.. ADORABLE what a perfect card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete