Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tiki Time


     When I was a little girl, I live in Hawaii near Pearl Harbor.  It was a memorable time in my childhood and I remember soooo many things even though I was very young.  Ever since then, I have loved all things Hawaiian and Spam is one of my favorite foods. lol.  This image from Bombshell Stamps reminds me of the old postcards that used to be for sale so many years ago.

  I found this paper at a clearance sale and instantly thought of this stamp.  It is hard to see on the photo but the orange and blue papers have a monochromatic Hawaiian motif as well.  The orange border flowers were on sale from a different manufacturer but they fit perfectly.  The twine came off a package I received and seemed just right for the bottom edge of the card.

     Every time I use the Hawaiian Girl stamp set, I want a shell or sea charm but don't have any.  If anyone knows where to find some nice ones, please let me know.

Bombshell Stamps - Hawaiian Girl Set
Surf Shop design paper
Martha Stewart border punch
Copic markers
Prisma pencils and oms
Recollections bling
Twine from stash
SEI flower border
Signo pen
Sakura glitter pen

5 comments:

  1. What a delightful card. Makes me want to either break into a hula, or fly to Hawaii (preferably the latter!) or maybe I could twirl some of those flaming batons :)
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! Make me want the summer to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this is awesome, Summer has to be close right? hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it! I have family in Hawaii and this so reminds me of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv the colors of this card! I'm happy to find out that you luv SPAM too!! Me too!! Guamanian also luvs SPAM, and at K-mart, they sell many different kind of spam but here, i find only original or lite...:-( Have you had Spam Musubi?? They are both popular in Hawaii & Guam! Now you make me feel homesick again... lol....

    ReplyDelete