Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vintage Easter Bunny

 I wanted something Shabby Chic for this image and I think I'm getting better at it.   I used a couple of new products that my sweet Johnny Luv purchased for me at the scrapbook convention.  He bought the shapeabilities butterflies for me and those sweet little button blingy things that had no manufacturer listed.  I'm out of those now.  I have used them all on my Easter cards.    I also used a new La Blanche stamp.  They are made of silicon.  These stamps feel very different when you stamp with them, but let me tell you, I'm totally sold on them and will be adding quite a few to my stamp collection.  They are easy to use and the detail is fabulous.

     After I stamped the image and colored it with my fav Prisma pencils and oms, I cut it out using the egg shaped nestabilities and then clear embossed the entire image several times.  I wanted to do a broken glass technique but my embossing powder is just not thick enough.  I did distress the image with vintage photo distress ink afterwards.

    I used three different types of paper lace from the dollar store as well as two different Martha Stewart border punches.  Don't you just love the bunnies in the grass?  The egg embellishments are just cut from scraps of a Karen Foster design paper that I was using for a different Easter card that I will post tomorrow. The eggs were mounted on chipboard and then popped with foam tape.  I added a bit of stickles here and there and called it finished.

La Blanche stamp
Karen Foster design paper
Prisma pencils and OMS
Copic marker
Inkessentials embossing pad
Martha Stewart border punches
Happy 2 Scrap rhinestones
Butterfly Shapeabilities
Egg Nestabilities
Distress Ink - vintage photo, old paper, rose,
Stampendous embossing powder

12 comments:

  1. That is just lovely! I envy your eye that can "see" this type of layout. It's so elegant.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous with really great details.

    P.S. I like your fish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your traditional images, makes a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is really beautiful ,bless you for playing at creatalicious,love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv all the laces you used to make this card! Even matching on that white organzy ribbon! Very nice easter card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the retro feel of your card! Such a gorgeous image

    Thank you for joining in with this weeks Anything Goes challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink, hope to see you next week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card - love the vintage feel to it! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great card. Love the colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just FABULOUS Mary Anne! Love your choice of color & design!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood this week. We hope to see you again real soon!

    Darlene
    The Sisterhood DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do shabby chic beautifully! Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Easter Eggstravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the style. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Creatalicious challenges.
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete