Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WOO HOO! WE ARE A HOPPIN'

     This is my first blog hop for  Bombshell Stamps and I am so excited that I can hardly sit still to type.  You are going to see some absolutely awesome and inspiring cards along the way.  I tell you those bombshell girls are talented from the tops of their heads to the tips of their toes.

     If you have arrived here from Meredith's blog, The Paper Canteen, you are on the right track.  If not you can start from the beginning at the Bombshell Blog.

      Rachel,  Miss April, is our super talented guest designer and she has challenged everyone to come up with a wedding theme.  Well, I was so inspired that I actually came up with two cards both, very different.

     The first card has a Las Vegas type wedding theme.  This card was fun to make.  Johnny Luv inspired this card when he found some Vegas thickers from Jolee's at a recent scrapbook convention.

     I embossed the black background with a diamond pattern and added small rhinestones wherever the diamonds met, both for the Vegas lights and bridal diamonds.  The stickers are a little hard to see with all their  glitter but one says Las Vegas, Welcome and the other Wedding Chapel.  I used my Bombshell Angel  for the bride with a bit of tulle for her veil.

     My second card, which I had posted earlier this month, is a more traditional card. I love white on white and what could be more appropriate for a wedding?  I used the butterflies from the Butterfly Angel stamp set for this card.
     Now you are off to Alaine's blog, Miss Alaineous' Mosaics. You are bound to be impressed, so please leave her a little love as you hop on by. 

24 comments:

  1. VERY VERY lovely!!! Diggin the bling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great! I love the black background on the first! Really, really great cards, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great, but I do love that "Vegas Wedding" card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Vegas wedding?! Genius!!! I am totally getting the Vegas vibe from your card! I always wanted to be married by an Elvis impersonator in LV, but ended up with something much more traditional. Love both cards! Great work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both are beautiful!
    The first one is spot on with our theme sassy!
    Great!
    Thanks for playing along at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful!! Two completely different styles! Love them!! I particularly enjoy the first one - it's so innovative! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. the two are so different, but beautiful in their own way - WOW
    perderg@Q.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards...two different styles...fabulous...love the white wedding..very pretty...and I love your fish tank on the side..lol..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Don’t forget, .if you leave a comment on another entry,
    mention that you saw their project on ‘Make it Monday’
    for a chance at second prize.
    The more entries you comment on the more chances
    you have for winning second prize.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards but the Vegas wedding is my favorite. Love the wedding veil...so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Sassy Vegas wedding, thanks for pllaying with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sexy little card!!! It gave me a little chuckle and a big smile!!!
    Very fun!!!
    thanks for joining us at Colour Create...
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    Two very different but wonderful cards!!

    I love white on white, looks so elegant.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    I think you may have linked up two other cards, but I have not been able to comment on them for you as the link does not work. Takes me to splitcoast but says I am not authorised to view them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant cards - I don't have a fave - they are both my fave!

    Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink and hope to see you again!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card
    thank you for playing along at OSAAT this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I've been wanting to try the white on white style but never saw a card I liked enough to want to deconstruct and learn from... now I have. Your card is INCREDIBLE!!!!

    The Vegas wedding card is super-fun. Great job on that one too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh how cool this bride looks! And all the embellishments to match this image! Luv it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool wedding card! Very non traditional, but we need too, right?!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a saucy wedding card great
    thanks for entering it into our challenge at CCM hope you will come and play again soon
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards - so different; but both great!

    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.

    Hugs, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute idea. Cool image. Thank you for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both cards! The first is fun, the second is elegant. Thanks for playing with us at Totally Gorjuss challenge!

    ReplyDelete