Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Showers Swap

      This card was made for an April Showers swap on my House Mouse list.  I have had this stamp in my stash for years.  In fact, it was one of my original stamps.  It is a difficult stamp to color.  The mailbox really threw me with all the shadows and greys.  I had to look up poppies on the internet since I was sure they came in more than red.  They are beautiful and I believe they will probably get added to my garden in the future.

     The card absolutely twinkles with glitter.  The camera just doesn't do it justice.  There are Ice Stickles on all the raindrops and Sakura glitter pen glitter on every flower and on the mailbox to represent the wet rain water.  Even the butterfly was made from a polka dot glitter paper.

     The inside of the card was much simpler, but I did use the polka dot glitter paper again.  The sentiment actually came from the Michael's dollar bin.  I found it right after announcing this swap. (There is no such thing as coincidence.)

Image- House Mouse, Special Delivery - Stampabilities
Sentiment - Craftsmart
Paper - Making Memories, The Girls Paperie
Martha Stewart- Border Punch, Butterfly Punch
Offray Ribbon
Whimsies - Button Bling
Buttons from Stash
Dollar Store Paper Lace, Bee thicker
Stickles - Ice
Sakura Glitter Pen
Prisma Pencils and OMS

5 comments:

  1. ahhh sooo sweet! luv pink and design of the card! Luv the inside too! This will definitely bring smile to whomever receiving this card! April Showers HAD BETTER bring May Flowers HERE! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I have this stamp and have not tried to color it yet. You have definitely done justice to this one.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Wonderful job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a hard stamp to color up...you did a wonderful job. I have one all colored up, but haven't done anything with it yet so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job coloring that, what with all the shadows and all.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to look up poppies on the net to see what colors they come in. The blue ones are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete