Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bombshell Stamps May Blog Hop

GOTH UP YOUR BOMBSHELL

   For today's hop the challenge was to goth up your bombshell, add tattoos, heavy eyeliner, and use dark colors.  The hop begins at Allison's blog, The 21st Century Pillowbook, so if you would like to start at the beginning that's the place to go.  If you have arrived here from Kelli's, Cajun Stamping Queen, you are in the right place.

     My take on this challenge was the darker victorian sided of Gothdom. I went with a triptych since I just could make everything I wanted fit onto a card. I used the Bombshell Angel and gave her my version of a victorian morning gown complete with veil and fringed parasol.  
     The background was brayered using Adirondack inks then  a cloud stencil was used with black ink to give it a foggy night look. All three panels were distressed with black ink. The center image has black tree branches stamped behind the central image and colored in with Prisma pencil.
     The fencing for the cemetery was from a Circut cartridge as were the tombstones.  The sentiment is framed with a spellbinders label die and covered in black liquid pearls.  The sentiment itself was generated on computer using the Morpheus font found on the Bombshell Stamp website.  The little bats on the two side panels are from a Martha Stewart border punch.

     Next on your gothic journey is Sugar's Cards and More  Enjoy the rest of the hop and the incredible creativity of the rest of the Ladies. 


Bombshell Angel Stamp Set
Adirondack Inks, Pitch Black, Eggplant, Purple Twilight, Mushroom
Stazon Ink, Black
Glitter, Martha Stewart
Liquid Pearls Black
Red Gel Pen (lips)
Tulle Stash
Cricut Cartridges, Happy Hauntings, October 31st
Le Plume Black Pen
Copic Markers
Bat Border Punch, Martha Stewart
Prisma Pencils
3M Foam Tape
Prima Rhinestone, Bird's Eye

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a work of art. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. That is seriously cool. The triptych idea was brilliant because it gave you more room to create that fabulous scene. I love how you colored and dressed up your Bombshell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea expanding your work space to a triptych. Your project is absolutely gorgeous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Mary!!!! I'm speechless, which is not a usual occurrence. I am over the moon for this dark, gothy tryptic! Ok, just stick it in a box a mail it to me...NOW! LOL! Kidding ;) NOT!!! Seriously, this is beyond stunning! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is amazing!!!! I dont like goth usually but this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary - this is over the top UNBELIEVABLE!! I don't even know where to begin!!! Your colors are dark and gorgeous, her mourning gown is drop dead (lol! - no pun intended!) beautiful!! I'm drooling over her divine parasol! And the background...HOLY MOLY! You rocked this out and then some!!!

    Crafty Hugs!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is JAW DROPPING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The umbrella and netting are AWESOME!!!! And did I say I love this??!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-WOW-WOW Mary Anne!! This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! I Love it! You did a excellent job on the challenge! Love the whole card! If you don't know anyone to send it to I volunteer to be a receipient LOL!
    I give you a 10 out of 10 for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the Victorian feel...GREAT take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am otally in love with this!!! That background is wonderful! I too love the victorianfeel of it!!!

    FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete