Blogger Layouts

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lemon Mice


     I made this little gift set for a friend on my HM list.  This cute image was  the April Mouse of the Month. I think it is really sweet or is it sour?  It was lots of fun to color and I used a lots of Stickles on it to add sparkle for the lemon juice and lemon slices.  The mice are cut out and popped  several different times. The paper is bright and sunshiney with enough yellow to keep the lemon theme going as are the embellishments.  I have had the little lemon slice brads for maybe two or three years and the lemon stickers that I used to embellish for another year or so.  The stickers were put onto white cardstock and then cut out and popped.  I didn't add any mice to the bag, just coordinated the design paper with a little border punch thrown in to accent.  I found Striped yellow bags  from the $ store that went with the set perfectly and some cute yellow and white polka dot tissue paper.
      I started out with a sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and after finishing the card, I just kept going.  (Happens sometimes). The card lead to the lollies, which lead to the tag, which lead to the candle, which lead to the tea, which lead to the nail polish.
   The tag was just plain fun and then I had to find something to add to it so I found a lovely yellow ball candle that I wrapped in tulle and tied my tag to.  The little lemon lollies were a cute find at Michaels and then I found some lemon - green tea and had to make a little packet to hold it.  I thought my friend could maybe make a little girl time for herself with the candle and tea.  Girl time meant fingernail polish so I added a bottle of fun yellow polish with a little ribbon and ta da a gift set.  I figure if she doesn't like the polish for her fingers, it works just like Smooch for making cards and things.  I use mine all the time to add a little something to a project.

      To think this all started cause I was going to send her a couple images which I  almost forgot to add when I packed it for the post office.

2 comments:

  1. Just adorable - and the goodies also sound super! Just love the mouse squirting the lemon juice :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful, Mary Anne. Colors, design, everything. She's going to love, love, love it!!
    Can't wait to see her reaction.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete