Blogger Layouts

Friday, May 20, 2011

Naps with Trolls

     I waited years to get this stamp.  It was on the top of my wish list until my Johnny Luv found out and so now it is one of my most treasured stamps.  Coloring this stamp is loads of fun.  Sometimes I add sparkle to the trollie's hair but this time I added flocking.   The trolls' cute little belly buttons are jeweled with Stickles and their eyes are brightened with yellow Prisma pencil, black fine tip Sharpie and then Glossy Accents.

    . Everything really just fell together for this card.  I had colored the image while staying at the hospital with my mom and I just happened to have the exact right flocking at home and these papers matched perfect as did the buttons.  No advanced planning at all was involved.

Stamp - House Mouse by Stampabilities
Papers - Walmart note cards
Flocking  - Martha Stewart
Buttons - Oriental Trading
Ribbon - Offray
Signo White Gel Pen
Circles and Scalloped circle nestabilities - Spellbinder
Glossy Accents
Stickles
Prisma Pencils with OMS
3M Foam Tape

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that takes me back! My l'il sis collected these little trolls and you couldn't go anywhere in the house without stepping on them, knocking them off the table, moving them out of the way on the desk ......I never thought anyone would find such a good use for them until I saw this. Sleep tight, little meeses, you look so comfortable.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mary Anne, that you were talking about this stamp that you really really WANTED! Great card, with Cheerful background design & colors. So cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card. I remember having trolls when I was little. Love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is such a super fun card, those House meeses really make themselves comfortable anywhere, but then I don't suppose the trolls mind lol

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. funky fun card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at Crafty Catz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely colourful card super image thank you for playing along with us at the crafty catz this week linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember having troll dolls when I was growing up...they weren't my favorite...I found them scary...but there's nothing scary about these two guys...love the colours too...thanks for sharing.

    stampin' hugz
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete