Blogger Layouts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Soda Pop Party

     Another House Mouse card for you today.  I colored this image while I was with my mom in the hospital at the end of last year.  I am finally getting around to making card out of some of these colored images.
      This really wanted to be a loud, happy card with loads of embellishments and layers and who am I to argue with a card.

      I love the pennants that have been showing up all over blogger land lately and jumped right on that band wagon.  The buttons that have become popular again are here on  the bottom of my card.  They were layered and then put on top of another paper layer for more color.  Barely perceptible in the left corner is a star shaped paper clip with ribbons tied to it and a rhinestone in the center.  It shows up much better in person.   The mice were cut out and crystal effects were added to the bottle which I rounded and popped up. All the papers are again from clearance paper pads from Marshall's  (you should really check them out if you have one near you.) I used one of my old Nesties label dies to focus the image and a new heart Nestie behind that.

     I'm thinking this is a fun birthday card to add to my stash and it probably won't be staying around here to long.

Stampabilities House Mouse Stamp
Twine, paper clip, and buttons from stash
Ribbon - Offray
Design Paper - DCWV Mod-Retro Stack and Mango Frost Stack
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Crystal Effects
3M Foam Tape
Recollections Bling
Spellbinders Label 4, Heart Circles, Nested Pennants

12 comments:

  1. too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUGS!

    karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute imagre and an adorable card! It is so cheery and will bright up the day of anyone who receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, this is a realy happy cute card!! I'm liking those pennants too! I wonder who is getting this Cheerful birthday card?? My birthday is still half a year away... LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love HM. Your did a wonderful job with fun colors and cute banners. Thanks for joining us at SCH.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a pretty card, just love that house mouse image, its gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, very pretty bright colours, very cute image and I love the bunting. Thanks for joining us for this months Ellephantastic challenge.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks is such a cute card, love the bunting and the different Nesties you used on this make, of course the image is cute too.. thanks for joining us this week at SSDS... Kaz DT SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi

    Fabulous, fun card!! I love the bright colours!!

    Funny, I just saw one of those star shaped paperclips for the first time today at work and I thought then, it would be fabulous on a card.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is so much fun- love the bright colours and cute image .. and the bunting is fab
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice of you not to argue with the card! Love the happy colors and the bunting in the corner, great card! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so sweet...love the image. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, This is a great Birthday card, thanks for playing on Ellephantastic this month, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete