Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Special Delivery



     This sweet image is the May Mouse of the Month called Special Delivery.  My sweetie, Johnny Luv, has been getting me the Mouse of the Month since we were married two and a half years ago.  Before that I was lucky to get a new House Mouse once every six months.  He just plain spoils me.  

    I have never made a baby card before and frankly don't know anyone having a baby anytime soon except for my sweetie little dog; but, I really wanted to use this image.  I had a very pretty paper pad I picked up on clearance  called Nursery and thought it would be perfect for this card. (Nursery - baby card - no brainer really)

     Johnny Luv took a close up of the little Hummingbird.  I am waaaay proud of how the little bird came out. I have several other House Mouse images with hummingbirds but have never been able to get them to look good before.  I practiced on several birds with pictures of hummingbirds before me on the computer until I figured out how to color them.  The eye was made with a tiny black pearl and looks more life like to me.

     I know this is turning into a long post, but I wanted to add one more picture to show all the different layers of this image  You can also see the sky in the background of this image as well.  I didn't like leaving it just white to blah.

         Thanks for hanging on through such a long post.  I appreciate everyone who reads and comments.  It really is fun for me to share my little cards with you.

House Mouse - A Birdie Told Me
Design Paper DCVW Nursery Pad
Offray Ribbon
Prima Pencils and OMS
French Blue chalk ink and cloud stencil
Stazon Ink
Black Bling - Recollections
3m Foam Tape
   

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous card.
    Such wonderful detail.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably hard to believe, given my usual style, but I LOVE House Mouse!!! I used to carry them in my store, and I have many in my collection. So this card really put a grin on my face! What an adorable image! And your coloring and layering is just beautiful!!! What a fabulous card! Now I feel like coloring up some mice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. Such a cute image. Love your choice of DPs and the way you layered them.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome,awesome,awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually that was me! awesome,awesome,awesome!HUGS!

    karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, how funny that we were making the card with the same image over this weekend! ha! Luv your coloring and card design! Tell i said "THANK YOU" to your dh! thanks again for this image! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness what a beautiful card!!!! Love that image ..have to have it!!!! Love all your layers and paper choices too! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is absolutely stunning and the colour combination works so well with the humming bird.

    Great card.

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is so beautiful. Love the simplicity of your card. Papers are perfect and your colororing and layering are awesome. What a sweet husband to buy you the stamp of the month...........I LOVE THAT! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done, Mary Anne!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful love youre coloring and combination with the papers.Perfect card.Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at TFWC.
    Hugs Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - This is an adorable card!
    Thanks so much for sharing at TFWC this month!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete