Blogger Layouts

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Butterfly Baby

         How sweet is this image?  I have had it on my wish list for the longest time, but I just don't have anyone having babies. One of my wonderful house mouse list friends sent me the image so I was finally able to play with it.

     I used the sketch from Papertake Weekly Challenge.  I knew I wanted yellow and black for my butterfly and just repeated those colors in the design paper.  The white dots from the butterflies wings tie the black borders in with the image since just plain black was to stark. The offray ribbon also repeated the dot pattern for a cohesive whole.

Stampabilities House Mouse Stamp
Offray Ribbon
Signo White Pen
Stazon Ink
French Blue Chalk Ink
Cloud Stencil
Paper from Michaels stack about 6 years ago.
Prisma Pencil and OMS

12 comments:

  1. What a really pretty card, a lovely image and love your colour choice, very striking.

    You have linked this to our Allsorts DT call, but I don't see any mention or link to the DT call in your post which is a requirement of entering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Anne, this is beautiful. Your choice of background papers is gorgeous and your butterfly almost flutters off the paper it's so real. Love, love it. Black polka dot is one of my fave accents.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous image, love the fab colours
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous creation....thanks for playing at F'n'F! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the black accent - works so well with the bright colours.
    Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, this is such a totally cute image! Great card, thanks for sharing it with us at Fab n Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow! This looks awesome. The black is so striking against the yellow! Thanks for joining us over at PCJ.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous - what an amazing image! I love the lemon and black together and all of the polka dots really tie it together!

    Thanks for joining us over at PaperPlay Challenges for our 'Summer Citrus Splash' Challenge this week. Good luck!

    xo Lou Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWE! This is so sweet. I love the black and yellow!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Cute Card Thursday!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the cloudy background, and the yellow and black color combo is fabulous as well. Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete