Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cone or Cup

      This little card is another entry for our local stamp convention.  The theme is "Cone or Cup".  The only image I had with any icecream at all was this cute little House Mouse stamp.  This is a rather simple card for me and I'm not sure what it is missing but it feels unfinished to me.  Unfortunately, I did have to mail it in already to be able to make the contest deadline.

     The papers are from a small K&Co. pad called "Sweet Nectar". The papers are just so pretty and the colors so happy; that I wish I had purchased several of these.  I may look around to see if I can find more.  This one was purchased on clearance at Michaels.  (You know me, I live for sales.)

     The image was cut out and popped up onto a Nesties label that has been brushed with pink chalk, white was just too stark.  The three spotted layers were also popped.  This is a very small scale card for me.  It is an A2 size and they are a harder fit for  layers and embellishments.  Usually my smallest cards are a 6" square.


     This card is being entered into the House Mouse Monday Challenge.  The theme is Adorn it with Jewels.


House Mouse - Mice Scream for Ice Cream
Nestabilities  - Labels 4
Stazon Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Stickles - Orange
Happy2Scrap - Rhinestones
EK Success Chalk
K&Co. Paper Pad - Sweet Nectar
Offray Ribbon
Distress Ink - Marmalade Spice
Stazon Black Ink.

18 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I'm seeing Orange Sherbet, which I love. Such pretty DPs and cute image, you should have this contest won hands down!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love the layout and the colors. Does your card mean that summer is coming sometime soon ? Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the sherbert like colors you used. You can't go wrong with House Mouse! I don't think it's missing anything...I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this card will ALSO WIN for the sake of OUR MICE! :-) Luv the color combo on this card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Mary Anne! I think it looks very YUMMY!I don't think something is missing,it is just right.I love the little sparkle you've added to the cone,and I will keep my fingers crossed ( not whilst I am crafting of course lol) for you and hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card hun, thanks for sharing at Creative Inspiratons Wednesday Challenge, we hope to see you again soon! Hugs. Katy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the house mouse collection! This turned out just adorable! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card! Such gorgeous image!! Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love the image! Thanks for playing in our Bugaboo Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the image - it's so darn cute!!
    Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do great things with the House Mouse images. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!HUGS!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable! I love the mix of patterned papers that you used. Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun these guys are having on this Giant ice cream cone..gorgeous fun HM creation great take on the chall.

    thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends Monday chall

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy, this makes me crave ice cream! Thanks for joining in this challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, such a lovely mix of colours and papers, your image is so sweet, love the little mousies enjoying their orange flavoured ice cream.

    So glad you could join us in the House Mouse & Friends monday challenge.
    love
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fun card, and yet another image I haven't seen before. I snagged that pad on clearance at Mikes too, and I was back there on Friday, where I got a $14.99 K&Co pad for $2!! Really, I should have got two cause you know there's now none left at that price! Thanks for joining us at HM&F again.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. A two-fer! Cute card, love this stamp. The background design is so pretty and papers are too. Thanks for joining us again for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete