Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, June 15, 2011


   Today is one of my favorite blog hops, the Oldies but Goodies Hop.  For this blog hop the Design Divas have tor create something using products or stamps that haven't been used in at least 6 months.  It makes you think about what's in your stash and remember things you really enjoy but have forgotten or just not got around to playing with. 
       If you've just hopped in you can start at the beginning with Mary, at My Stamping Hideaway  if you've just come from Cathy at Ink It Up Stamp It Out, you are on the right track.

      For my card today, I used a stamp that I have owned for about 2 years that has never seen ink.  I have lots of different ideas for this stamp, but just never played with it.  The liquid snow is also an old product. I purchased it the year before last for a snow effect on some Christmas cards and then didn't use it.  I was afraid it was going to be to old and thick to use, but it worked just fine.  I even added some old glitter to the writing to give it that little bit of dazzle that it needed to really stand out.

     The sky background was made using French blue Chalkbox ink and a cloud stencil on plain white card stock.  I added some light blue Stickles where the blue ink showed for some more interest.  This card is for my brother in law, whose birthday was yesterday.

     I'm the last stop on the blog hop today.  Thanks for hopping along with us.  Hope you enjoyed yourselves and found something to inspire you.

Stampabilities - Snoopy's Airplane
Georgia Pacific Card Stock
Making Memories Card Stock
French Blue Chalkbox Ink
Cloud Stencil
Liquid Snow
White Glitter
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Blue Stickles
Sakura Glitter Pen

9 comments:

  1. Great card, Mary!! Love the Snoopy image and the way you did the "sky writing". Very clever!!! Glad you were able to make it into the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Mary!! The sky is fantastic, and so is the writing in the sky!!! Love that Snoopy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Mary! I love the background of clouds you created for that adorable snoopy stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and gorgeous sky! Very nice, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is wonderful Mary Anne!!! I LOVE snoopy, he did a great job leaving his message in that beautiful sky background! Fabulous card!!!
    hugs & blessings!

    I just noticed I wasn't following you, sorry about that, I thought I was...but I am now!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi mary anne! what a cute cute card! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeeks!! love your sky writing and your sky is gorgeous - Snoopy looks like he could fly right off the card!!! tooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if he isn't just the cutest thing. Your smoke trail looks real and your background coloring is perfect! Snoopy flying through the clouds. What bliss!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Mary Anne! I love it also the way you've made the clouds!It looks like there is no need fr an expensive airbrush to create lovely clouds! Maybe you should do a tutorial about that? I am sure interested!

    ReplyDelete