Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Bombshell Sketch

      Over at Bombshell Stamps we have begun the month with our new sketch.  This new sketch makes any image really standout.  Be sure to play along with us.  You can flip the sketch around to suit your own needs and post on the Bombshell Blog after June 8th.
6-11Sketch.jpg
     Here is my take on this sketch.

     This card showcases my new Bombshell, Ahoy Sailor.  I love the retro look of this cute sailor girl.  It actually reminds me of an old photo of my mom dressed up in my dad's uniform.  We are an old Navy family.

      I'm sending this card to Seal Team 6 as a thank you for their recent operation in Pakistan.  My entire family will be adding notes to the inside.

     I used four different design papers on this card from the DCVW Nautical Stack, purchased of course, on sale.  The bunting across the bottom was another wonderful sale find.  It was from a package of borders from the K&Co. Americana collection.  This card exhibits a real 1940's patriotic feel which is exactly what I wanted for this stamp.

     The central image with colored with Copics and Prisma pencils then popped on a spellbinders oval.  The oval was shaded with chalk so that the white uniform wouldn't blend into the background of the oval.  The little stars are from a Darice 4th of July package. ( I usually buy a large supply of these right after each holiday.  You can often pick them up for as little as 10 cents a package)

Bombshell - Ahoy Sailor Set
Spellbinders - Ovals
Copic Marker
Prisma Pencil & OMS
Chalk
DCVW Nautical Stack Paper
K&Co. Americana Border
Darice - Star Rhinestones
Red Gel Pen
Offray Ribbon
Bazzil Card Stock

3 comments:

  1. oh she is sexy! :-) Luv all background papers, and luv your sentiment banner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it is awesome and very patriotic. Absolutely awesome job. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryAnn this is just WOW. Jaw dropping gorgeousness!! I love love love the colors, your coloring and the papers. Serious beauty my friend!!

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete