Blogger Layouts

Friday, June 3, 2011

Put On A Happy Face

     Today's card is very simple.  I tried to add more to it, but it just wanted to stay simple. The image just wanted to speak for itself.  I never argue with my cards, or at any rate not to hard, because I always loose so....

     This was a very happy card to color, especially th smiley face on the pansy.  Pansies are one of my favorite flowers and when I was young, my mother taught me to look for the face in the pansy and to use the petals to make little flower fairies.

     The image was sent to me by one of my House Mouse List friends and I am sending this card off to a different mouse in Australia.  I just love international mouse mail.

     The image was colored with Prisma pencils and OMS, obviously my favorite coloring method.  I do have Copic markers and some Tombow markers as well, but colored pencils are just so easy to blend and use. I used a French Blue chalk ink and a cloud stencil for the background sky.  I can't stand a white background on one of these scenic type stamps.  I think the clouds give it a finished look.  Because pansies are such an old fashioned, homey type of flower;  I chose a homey purple gingham and grosgrain ribbon to pair with them.

Stamabilities House Mouse Stamp
Design Paper - Paper Studio Basics Pad
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Chalkbox French Blue Ink
Stazon Black Inck
Offray Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable and so pretty with that purple! I really need to pull out my gamsol and pencils and practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I love pansies and think they're happy flowers.

    I love the color combination and the purple gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute. You did a great job.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute card. I love the colors and that image, great job Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luvly card, Mary Anne. I'm like you that I sometimes find that my cards don't want to be decorated too much :-) I'm sure SHE will be happy to receive it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect example of "less is more." This is most delightful.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very pretty card..love the check and of course the gorgeous yellow bow:)
    Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx
    **And Good Luck**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute image. Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
    Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete