Blogger Layouts

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sing

     I am participating in a ATC swap whose theme is birds.  I am so very excited about this swap.  The hostess and most of the other participants are all from Norway.  How cool is that.  I was thinking about how I can instantly communicate and share pictures and other information with people around the world.  It's as easy as turning on my computer.  Things are so different from when I was a teenager.  I remember the first apple desktop computer.  They were really just for offices.  Look at us now. - Just Wow!

    Anyway back to this spiffy little ATC.  I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I started with a piece of white card stock which i painted with cream acrylic paint.  When it tried I dry brushed some Weathered Wood distress ink over the top.  The next step was to emboss the flowery corner with copper.  Nest I  distressed my edges vintage photo.  After that I used my handy dandy distressing do-hickey thingamabob to rough up the edges and distressed again using Shabby Shutters distress ink.  (I really love these inks.)   I added some more distress ink using a sponge and Old Paper to the entire ATC.  Lastly I stamped the word sing using copper ink and my Justrite stamps.  That completed the background.  Whew.  Very Labor intensive.

     Next up I cut out my bird using my very kewl new bird shapeablitity.  I just had to have this die cut set when I saw it on Becca's Amazing Paper Grace Blog. (She has one of my most favorite blogs on the entire interweb.)  I embossed it's little wings then stenciled it with Weathered Wood.  After stenciling I colored the entire bird with Shabby Shutters than ink the edges with the same color so they were a little more prominent.  The last step for the bird was to cover it with Distress Rock Candy crackle paint.  (Did I mention there is  lots of detail on this project?)

    Third step was to back the entire background piece with a lovely copper card stock that was given to me as scraps from an art teacher.  You can see it peeking around the sides of the background.  This added more detail and a little more weight.  After backing the piece, I used my crop-o-dile to set 3 copper eyelets.

   Yet another step.  I used some neato resin flowers that I THINK are from Whimisies but don't know for sure.  I purchased them loose from my local scrapbook store.  In fact after I made the first ATC I had to make a trip to the store to pick up enough of these flowers for 5 more cards.  I almost panicked when I couldn't find them.  Then a wonderful sales lady found some in the back room for me. Yeah!  After returning home with my treasure, I added some pink metallic galaxy pen to the flowers so they matched my project better before sticking them to the card.

      Following this step I went out to the dead tree in my yard (someday Johnny Luv promises to cut it down) and broke off some branches.  I took those branches to my craft desk and proceeded to break them into tiny pieces trying to find the right combination to fit on the cards.  The branches were glued on with Beacons glue  (This is a wonderful adhesive, if you haven't tried it you should.)  Lastly I put some foam tape behind my birds and attached them to the branches on the ATC.

     Finally done, the cards are now ready to wing their way to Norway.

Brilliant Copper Ink
Weathered Wood, Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint
Just Rite Stamps
Tim Holtz Stamps
Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary Shapeabilities
3M Foam Tape
Craft Smart Acrylic Paint
Eyelets and Flowers Unknown
Dead Dogwood Tree - Branches

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Mary Anne. That is absolutely gorgeous!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you (ATC bird swap) and lucky them (six ladies that get your... out of this world... fantastic ATC). I love bird, trees and ATC's.
    Your magnificent paper creation covers all three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a LABOR INTENSIVE piece you created, incld. going outside to get the branch! :-) I luv it though :-) It's so different from our Cute piece we usually make but this is Very "Kewel"(your word??lol!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i participated in the swap, and i had to come and say i simply adore this card...it is absolute brilliant, love it!! i'm so lucky to be admiring this live at home!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete