Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Sweets

     Doesn't this image just make you want to stop for by for dessert?  I remember my mom cooling pies in the window when I was young.  Of course, we didn't have a beautiful window but the pie sure was good.

     This is the third and last entry for the stamp convention this weekend.  This card is entered into the "Slice of Life" category.  I used my new favorite K&Co. paper pad for this card; the colors just seem so very cheerful but somehow old fashioned at the same time.   The edges of each layer are distressed with the matching distress ink and more distress ink was pounced  around the background of the image.  I did my best to match the image colors with the papers, the blue is just a little off but not too much.  The blue flowers have been in the stash for months, I picked them up in the dollar bin at Michaels.  (Am I the only one upset that the $1 bin jumped to $1.50?  I haven't purchased anything from it since that happened. )

Image - Lockhart Stamps
Paper - K&Co. Sweet Nectar Pad
Happy2Scrap - Bling
Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Shabby Shutters
Stazon Ink - Black
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Ribbon - Offray
Flowers - $1 bin

11 comments:

  1. oh my... i didn't know Or paid attention about that change; from $1 to $1.50!! That's a BIG INCREASE!! Now i'm upset! :-( ...Your card is very luvly, and luv the design & papers! What a luvly stamp image! Never seen this before, but definitely luv the pie by the window! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the image is adorable. Great job, You are a winner in my book. Wow, I was at Michael's yesterday. Yep I found one , Yah. I didn't see the $1.50 change but I was with my sister and we were in a hurry. Again, awesome card. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, that does bring back sweet memories. I can smell the fresh baked aroma, only wish I could get a slice when it cools! What filling did you put in it? Blueberry, cherry, peach....?
    Delightful card, Mary Anne.
    Sue S.
    BTW, where's the ice cream to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that image, Lockharts are some of my fav stamps. I'd love to be visiting that home.
    thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Thanks for layering it up with us this week at Anita Be Stampin~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion
    Hugs
    Tamara
    PS if you are interested I have some blog candy to give away on my blog Click here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's absolutely beautiful. Wonderful coloring and such a great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors in your card!! Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card, lovely image and colors! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! I love the corner treatment. Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete