Blogger Layouts

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wild Thing

      First I have to tell you that Bombshell stamps has two brand new stamps sets out.  The profit from these stamps will go to the Japan Relief Fund.  So Far we have $75  We need to sell 5 more of these sets before the end of the month so pop on over the the Bombshell Store and order yours today.  These sets are absolutely awesome and the Bombshell Girls will be featuring cards made using these sets  on their blogs (me too) this Sunday.





     Now onto today's feature presentation "Wild Thing".  The challenge for this month over at Bombshell chosen by our very talented June Bombshell, Emily Wilson, was to use an animal print in our cards.  I love leopard spots, my children and old boss are always buying me things with this print on it, my puppies even have leopard bedding, so this was not a difficult challenge for me.  I mean I already had the leopard paper.


       The Cherry Bomb bombshell already had that wild thing look (kinda like Jane as in Tarzan and) so I decided to use her and one of my fellow Bombshells started singing "Wild Thing you make my heart sing" so I was off and running.  (I still have that song stuck in my head, thank you very much. NOT)  I used the scalloped heart from the Spellbinders nestabilities set for my heart then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the leopard embossing folder.  To give it some zing I added black Stickles to the spots.  A couple rosettes made from a Die-namics and Tim Holtz die, a little blag netting and I had my Wild Thing.

Bombshell Stamps - Cherry Bomb Set
Die-namics Rosette Die - My Favorite Things
Small rosette Die - Tim Holtz
Black  Stickles
Netting from Stash
Copics
Prisma pencils and OMS
Paper - The Paper Studio
Spell Binders Scalloped Hearts Die
Black Bazzil Cardstock

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, definitely a wild thing! I really like the stamps for Japan, just wish they were digis. But I will try to order one. Thanks for sharing -- it's a very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Anne, you have me blushing. That is one very sexy lady. The animal print is sure appropriate.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, love animal prints too. She is sexy enough to bring out the animal in any guy!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, not much into animal prints, but this leopard print seems very appropriate for this card.

    ReplyDelete