Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Slippery When Wet

   
     I made this card for the Design Team Challenge over at Bombshell Stamps.  The theme was Slippery When Wet and of course innuendo was flying on the design team forum.  Now I could have made a sweet card using our new koi or perhaps one of the lovely mermaid sets; but, no,  this is what I came up with with the inspiration of my other Bombshells.

  The girl in the glass was colored specifically to match the slippery when wet sign that I found on the internet. This is my first go at adding fishnet stockings to one of the bombshells.  Hope she has better luck with hers, I always end up with ladders in mine.  I embossed the black background using the Cuttlebug diamonds folder to mimic the sign, next I added a whole lot of bling.  The sign and the glass as well as the bombshell's leg are all popped up with foam tape. Both glasses are covered in glossy accents to give them some shine and finally I added a black bow and yellow rose for more interest.  The Entire front was then layered onto several more pieces of yellow and black card stock. Oh, yes, the sign is bordered in black and two bits of bling were added for the rivets where it connects to the sign post.

     I originally wanted to include a couple bottles of Bailey's and Butterscotch Schnapps in a gift basket for my sister along with a recipe for a slippery nipple (drink) and a cute card and tag but that drink is served in a shot glass and I couldn't manage to get my girl to sit in the shot glass properly (as if she could ever be proper).

Bombshell Stamps - Man's Ruin Set
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Recollections Bling
Offray Ribbon
Prismas and OMS
Copics
Signo White and Black Pen
Glossy Accents
3M Foam Tape
Rose - Stash

5 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous - your colors are great! I'd CASE this for my son's birthday but I think his wife would bombshell me (and him!!)
    Cute, Mary Anne.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love how you made it all go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv this card!! Great finding & usage of that SIGN!! Luv the matching colors too! :-) ...slippery nipple... you reminded me of my time as a Bartender...what a fun time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth SandersAugust 4, 2011 at 4:39 AM

    Are you talking about this sister?

    ReplyDelete